Q1: What Should I Wear?
You will need a clean pair of matt shoes that have not touched the ground outside. This can be:
1. New sneakers that haven’t been worn outside.
2. Wrestling Shoes. (See us as we have a relationship with Big 5, and you’ll get a discount.)
3. No high heels.
4. No boots.
A clean Black T-shirt/Tank with no writing on it.
A clean Black T-shirt with no writing on it, no mid-drifts, or v-neck low shirts.
Clean blue jeans, with a firm belt. (Gentlemen, wear underwear.)
Clean fitting blue jeans, wear a belt, Yoga pants are acceptable.
Q2: Why Do You Do A Background Check?
Great question. Recently I had a lady ask me, “why do you do background checks, wouldn’t it be easier for everyone to sign up a Shockwave Defense without one?” The answer is really simple, of course it would. But, what we are teaching you can be dangerous in the wrong hands. We have a responsibility to the community in which we live, and don’t want to be making better bank robbers, or better rapist. Our goal is to increase the safety in our community, not make it more dangerous.
We do this by making doing background checks. This isn’t fool proof but it helps! We want to make sure that every student at Shockwave Defense is safe, and that the community is also safe, when Shockwave Defense sends a trained individual out into the community.
Q3: How Much Does It Cost After My Initial Trial?
We go over this after the trial period. We do this for a few reasons.
Primary Reason: Shockwave Defense is a Full spectrum defense university. This means that we offer several different types of training, from several different instructors. For example, if you would like to get your certification in stop the bleed, your pricing is going to be different than what it would be for, say a course, in active shooter training, or concealed carry, or ongoing an membership. Some students, don’t have a lot of time, and want private one-on-one training. For these individuals/groups we attempt to find a solution that is mutually beneficial for everyone, and is budget effective for all involved.
Q4: How Old Do My Kids Need To Be Prior To Training?
We answer this question in two ways:
- The first is a generic fits all answer. Males we start training at 13 years old, and females at nine years old.
- But we will take this on a case-by-case basis. Since our goal is community safety, we need to meet with your child first, and see what maturity level they are at. Then we can modify this answer as to suit your family’s needs.
Q5: Do You Train Individuals With Disabilities?
Yes. We will do our level best to work with whatever disabilities you have.
Q6: Do Law Enforcement, Military, And Veterans Get Discounts?
Absolutely but we need proof. Because family of military and law enforcement also are at risk for their families affiliation to community service we extend that discount to the family as well.
Q7: Do You Have Corporate Training Discounts?
Yes. We have an amazing corporate set up that starts offering discounts for 30+ employees. We also have some option available for smaller businesses that enable their dream teams to be able to train!
Q8: How Long Does It Take To Get Good?
This is a great question, but I don’t think it’s what people really are asking? So let’s answer both what they ask and what they mean ask!
- What they mean to ask is, “are your techniques/training methods affective, efficient, safe, and can most people do them quickly? To that, the answer is a simple yes. The way we train you is unique and diverse, from other training methods. My family has spent the better of over 100 years refining this process.
- How long does it take? That depends on you, no one can make you good? You’re the only one that can push yourself to train. That being said, our training solution is extremely effective. We’ve notice the majority of our students feel they can protect themselves, and execute the simple strategies learned, after only one evening of training. Though our training includes mental strengthening, like all things in life, your individual mindset is really the differentiating factor between failure and success. We will give you, tools to increase your mental strength, but you alone choose to commit to whether or not you’ll practice, and that alone will determine how good you are.